Friday, March 5, 2010

Garlic Basil Mozzarella Bread

Mmmmm, nothing like the house filled with the smell of fresh baked bread. Even better when you combine that with the smell of garlic, basil and melted mozzarella cheese!



To get a head start on my WAHM dinner tonight I whipped up a loaf of Garlic Basil bread. Although it only took less than 5 minutes to prepare the cooking time is a good 45-50 minutes.



So during my break at lunch I mixed it all up and popped it into the oven. My little boy is home from daycare sick with RSV so I had him playing in his highchair while I explained to him the ease of putting this dinner together!



Typically we keep a few frozen loaves of garlic bread in the freezer to whip out on spaghetti night. But I had a few packs of the Homemade Gourmet World Vision Basic Bread mix on hand and decided to spice dinner up tonight with wonderful homemade bread instead of the expensive and often tasteless store bought stuff.



Now you might be saying, why don't you just keep a loaf of french bread around and spread on some minced garlic and butter? Well again, I find that to be relatively tasteless as well, the garlic never imparts enough flavor for me unless I roast it, and that is not on my to do list! Also, unless you freeze your french bread or use it right away then your bread spoils. I am also not a big fan of freezing loafs of baked bread (unless it is muffins or banana bread, you get the point). Somehow it just never comes out just right.



Plus, this bread is infused with HG's Garlic Basil seasoning and gooey mozzarella cheese. Mmmmmm. This will bring a different twist to having the same old spaghetti dinner tonight.



By having a mix that I can go to and just add a few different ingredients to I can have warm fresh baked bread TODAY. Now that is a WAHM dinner! Also this mix has TONS of other recipes you can make with it, love beer bread? How about a cheesy bacon bread? The recipes are endless!







Here is the recipe, enjoy!




Ingredients
1 Homemade Gourmet® Basic Bread Mix
2 tablespoons Homemade Gourmet® Garlic Basil Seasoning
1-3/4 cups milk
1/2 stick butter/margarine, melted

1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese




Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.



2. In a large bowl, combine bread mix, seasoning, and milk (batter will be lumpy).



3. Spoon batter into a greased 5x8 loaf pan.



4. Pour melted butter over batter.



5. Place loaf pan on a baking sheet to catch any spillover.



6. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment