Tuesday, June 15, 2010

WAHM Cook Tip of the Day - A little extra goes a long way

So recently I was conducting a personal menu planning consultation with a co-worker of mine (a fellow WAHM) and I mentioned a little WAHM tip to her that I thought I should share with you.

Just this past week I made Italian Slow cooker chicken with fresh salad and Texas cornbread. Well during this easy weeknight meal I decided to go ahead and make ahead a yummy dinner/lunch treat for my 3 year old.

In half of the batter I put some cut up hot dogs into the muffin tin. So at the same time as I was baking a side item for that night's dinner I made a dinner and lunch for another day! I then cooled the muffins and wrapped them in plastic wrap and placed all of them in a freezer bag. Corn dog muffins are just a quick zap in the microwave away!

WAHM TIP:

When making dinner for any given night, think of how you can use that meal in another way for another day. Sometimes simply throwing in an extra chicken breast or cooking up one extra pound of ground beef at the time you are cooking the others can save you an hour on another day!

So I leave you with that quick tip of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment